* National Highway 7 or NH 7 (New NH 44) , is major North-South National Highway in India that runs through the states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu.
* NH-7 was laid and is maintained by Central Public Works Department (CPWD).
* This highway starts from the area Hyderabad Gate in Varanasi.
* The highway connects several important Indian cities such as Varanasi, Rewa, Jabalpur, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Kurnool, Bangalore, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Salem, Namakkal, Karur, Dindigul, Madurai, Virudhunagar, Tirunelveli,.
* A major part of NH 7 covers the North-South Corridor of NHDP and it is officially listed as running over 2,369 km (1,472 mi) from Varanasi to Kanyakumari.
* It is the longest national highway in India. As per the recent rationalization of Highway numbers this is renamed as NH 44.